You are God's Battle axe


 "You are My battle-ax and weapons of war: For with you I will break the nation in pieces; With you I will destroy kingdoms; With you I will break in pieces the horse and its rider; With you I will break in pieces the chariot and its rider; With you also I will break in pieces man and woman; With you I will break in pieces old and young; With you I will break in pieces the young man and the maiden; With you also I will break in pieces the shepherd and his flock; With you I will break in pieces the farmer and his yoke of oxen; And with you I will break in pieces governors and rulers (Jeremiah 51:20:23 NKJV)
 
The Lord our God, the mighty terrible one; the loving father Who becomes a consuming fire against the enemy does go to war and we are His weapons of war!!!
When He wants to disgrace the prophets of Baal, Amadioha, Odum, Ashtoreth, Ogboni and  the rest of them, He uses us to demonstrate His power. When he wants to part the sea His sends us. When He wants to demonstrate His power over fire, He sends us.
It is not the will of God that His weapons, you and I will be powerless. God has endowed us with so much in order that we will show forth His glory. It is an error for a Christian to fret at the threats of wicked men.
 
Where did we miss it? Are we guns without bullets? Are we  machetes that cannot cut a water melon? How is it that we no longer manifest God's power as we ought? Look at the Scripture again and see all that God wants to do by us. Imagine the most Powerful One desiring to express His Power through us. It is a great privilege! We must be ready to be used so that we’ll not be like that fig tree that our Lord Jesus cursed (Mark 11:12-14).
 
Prayer Point 

 Lord, I don’t want to be a toy gun in Your hands. Transform me by Your power in the name of Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eternal Perspective

Get keys and not 'locks' for 2019

This time of the year is always special; often loaded with fresh hopes, resolutions and revolutions. There’s also the part of our variou...